Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fork in the road? Take it!

Fork in the road, take it? Sounds like a pretty strange saying, I know. I didn't quite understand it at first either when I first heard it. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." A wise quote said by one of the most influential baseball players in history. Yogi Berra. Normally, I would never look up a Yankee (damn Yankees!) but Yogi I can't resist. Not only for what he did in baseball, but all the inspirational yogi-isms over the years. It inspired me. While most people don't understand it, it made complete sense to me and has been my quote as I've gone through life.


To me, there's always going to be forks in the road. Pick way A or B and a situation C or D will occur. I've been through plenty of those moments in my life. Starting when I was young, it was the choice to choose basketball or hockey (which to this day, I still regret my choice!). At the end of high school, it was which college to choose. Then which major, which career, everything. Life became one fork after another! Now in my senior year of college, that fork in the road is a choice that I feel I have a million influences on me...and I just wish I knew which way to go.


 It's the whole reason I've decided to start this blog. With all the stress and decisions in my life, writing is my escape. Most people don't know this about me, but I love to write. Writing lets me escape and unload things that have been bothering me. As I was setting up this blog, I was trying to think of a creative name that wasn't generic but spoke to who I was. I didn't know what to put....then it hit me. 


"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." 


That quote that has been such an inspiration to me for so many years. Life isn't always about taking path A or B, but just to keep going and seeing where it takes you. I don't know if that's what Yogi meant by it, but that's my interpretation. 
So, it became official. Within this blog, I hope to write about not only about the present, but also the future and the past. So many people say not to look at the past, but to me, it's everything that has made me who I am today. The future may seem unclear most of the time, but I never lose sight of it. Whether or not this blog is seen by a million people or just one, it's worth writing. This is the start of something good for me. I've come to my fork in the road....and I'm taking it! Thanks Yogi!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment